Sunday 13 September 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake

A few months ago I bought "Hello Cupcake." It is the most amazing book I've ever seen. It contains imaginative ways to use sweets to decorate cupcakes, and the designs are absolutely fantastic. It looks difficult to do but it only requires a small amount of technical skill and with a bit of practice, anybody could do it. Everybody I've shown this book to have been amazed. One of the designs was to decorate the cakes like pool balls, which seemed perfect for Andy's birthday. This design also seemed relatively easy to do compared to some of the others. I couldn't find coloured decorating sugars in this country, which is what they are covered in, so I bought edible glitter instead! It took me three hours to finish, and for a first attempt at cake decorating I don't think it's too bad! Can't wait to try out some of the other designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment