Sunday 6 September 2009

Parisian Chic

Earlier this year I started reading blogs, and I have found some fantastic ones about sewing, crocheting and all things craft like. Then whilst in Asda one day I spotted this book, and because I love Paris and in the blurb this woman reminded me of myself when I went to live abroad, I bought it.

Once I started reading it I realised that it was all about a blog she started writing when she moved over there, which made it even more readable and I finished it in a week, quick for me! You can still follow her blog online http://www.petiteanglaise.com/

Anyway, what reading this book really did for me was inspire me to go back to Paris. In the past I've been on school trips a few times, and the last time I went was a disaster due to my suitcase not turning up amongst other things, so this time I thought it would be nice for Andy and I to go because we always have great holidays together and he has never been before. This Paris trip was nothing short of great, we really loved it there. We stayed in the Latin Quarter, not far from Notre Dame. And I suprised myself with the amount of French I managed to understand and speak. I even had a few craft related conversations with people in shops!





Just around the corner from Notre Dame, I spotted this fantastic tapistry shop amongst other art and sewing shops. They sold hand painted tapistry canvases, I've never seen anything like them before, they were works of art before you sew over them. There was also another shop displaying a huge vintage quilt in the window. This shop was closed every time I went but I took some photos. I've decided I'm going to try hard to keep up with my French, and I'm sure I will visit Paris again, there is so much to see there. I would live in Paris, it's such a clean, safe city. Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment