Tuesday 8 December 2009

Christmas Ideas - part 2

I'm still trying my best to have as much of a handmade Christmas as possible. As I said before, photos will have to wait until after Christmas so as not to spoil any surprises. However, due to time constraints, it hasn't been possible to make lots all by myself, so I have bought some things from fellow crafters as presents - I don't think this is cheating! Again I can't reveal details, but I will share with you the work of a few people I met over the weekend.


First is Tula Moon. She does wonderful artwork that looks like patchwork. Her paintings range from Liverpool icons like the Liver Buildings and the Superlambanana, to owls and other cute designs. She also makes brooches, pendants and more. Check out her website: http://www.tulamoon.co.uk/

For beautiful vintage jewellery, check out http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairepalmer


Her jewellery is really unusual and has a fabulous vintage charm to it. I bought a georgous pink Eiffel Tower necklace from her for myself. I know that's naughty but it signified my love for all things French so beautifully I couldn't pass it up.

Her sister is a fabulous photographer, I bought some of her Christmas cards. Check out http://www.helenpalmerphotography.co.uk for more info.

There was also a company there who make handmade vegan soaps and lip balms, none of which are tested on animals which I thought was a fantastic idea. Check them out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/mmmmhandmadesoap

I was really pleased to see that Kirsty Allsop has extended her homemade home series to a 3 night special called Kirsty's Homemade Christmas. I really enjoyed her homemade home series and tonight's Christmas edition did not disappoint. It is full of great design and craft ideas for Christmas and continues tomorrow and Thursday night. The only problem is that they should have put the series on slightly earlier to allow for more time to organise and make things before Christmas. I 've often wondered why there aren't any programmes on tv about crafting/sewing etc. Kirsty's Homemade Home and Christmas are a breath of fresh sir amongst the monotony on our screens. There was another brief series on either bbc 3 or 2 earlier this year about swapping clothes and altering things, a kind of "make do and mend" idea, which I enjoyed, and of course there is Project Catwalk and Project Runway (of which I will blog in detail tomorrow after the final show) but apart from those there is nothing else. So sad. Anyway, be sure to check her programme out if you haven't seen it as it is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment