Monday 7 September 2009

Crochet Love

I've been working on a crocheted blanket for a good few months now, and I'm about a third of the way through it. When I first saw the pattern in Nicki Trench's book, I completely fell in love with it, and I knew I just had to make it.

The pattern uses rooster almerino aran wool, which is fairly expensive, so I bought cheaper substitutes, but it never got off the ground because the colours weren't quite like the original, and the thickness didn't seem right. Then one day, I decided to invest in the rooster wool so I bought it from http://www.laughinghens.com/ who are behind the book and pattern. It was so exciting when my parcel arrived. The wool is the softest wool I've ever felt and the colours are beautiful. Laughing hens is a fantastic company, and the photos of the workshops they hold just make me want to go, shame they are so far from where I live. Blanket is going well, hope to finish by the end of the year, but with the shop and work, square making is slow at the moment.



Watch this space as the flower blanket reveals itself! There are 60 squares in totally, going to have a lot of sewing up to do!


Already got my next project planned. (from the same book) I just love this cushion cake! Would look great in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment