Monday 14 September 2009

It's a wonderful life

I've found recently that often it is so easy to get stuck in the mundane bordem of life's daily routine. Get up, go to work, come home, gym, eat, tv, bed, we all know how it goes. Before the summer holidays, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't live like this anymore, I decided to make a change. Although I sometimes have schoolwork to do, I do try to spend as much free time as possible sewing, crocheting etc. However, I realised that I was spending less and less time with Andy, and he was spending more and more time watching tv! Then one day I discovered this beautiful book and just had to buy it. It's full of delightful ideas that really help you to enjoy life in a simple way. Ideas from baking scones (which turned out yummy and really professional looking) to watching the sun rise. I thought it was the perfect thing to inject some interesting activity back into our lives. Unfortunately, many of the plans I had for the summer (like impromptue picnics) were ruined by the awful weather. But I am determined to try to do at least one of the suggestions from this book every week. I will keep you posted on our progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment